Monday, June 4, 2018

Women's Clothing

Hello,
I bought a cute dress that was cut much lower in the front than I usually wear. It has two pieces of material that cross over in a nice vee shape. When I stand up straight it is just fine. The last time I wore it, I put a safety pin under attaching the two material pieces. That was just fine, but it was a struggle to get the pin in just the right place without it being visible to the rest of the world. Yesterday seemed like just the right day to wear it to church, however I decided not to go for the pin after checking with Leroy to see how discrete it all looked. He thought it was fine even when I was sitting or bending over. Not that I intended to bend over, but one should be prepared for the uexpected.
I set off with a reminder to self about maintaining good posture at all times. That was easy to hold up while in the chruch service itself.
After church was the book club. There we meet in a room with couches. Most people probably consider this a comfortable seat, but I really like something that is straighter or fits my body better. Even with a pillow behind my back to make the seat shorter I still recline in a bit of a tilt. In that room I found myself continually pulling on those two overlapping pieces of material to keep them together. A few times I would get more involved in the conversation forgetting to hang on to my dress, only to notice that there was a bit of a gaping side, usually the right for some reason.
I know many woman are, at least seem, quite comfortable exposing some cleavage. I am not one of those people, mostly because I have so little cleavage to expose. I suppose I could acquire it with a bra that created that illusion.
My dress requirements are not always what is popular. I like a bit higher rounded neck with a bit of sleeve, not exposed shoulders. Than it is my joy and delight to find a dress with pockets. I am definitely not the fashion leader or at least no one is listening to me.
Paula

No comments: