Monday, June 11, 2018

My Sister Is Not Here


Hello,



Saturday Leroy and I got up early to make the five plus hour trip to visit my brother-in-law. I have put off this journey because I knew that it would bring it home to my heart that my sister was no longer living as she would not be in her home. It was indeed a difficult experience, but not as wrenching as I had thought it might be. Of course, some of that could be because I am skilled at tamping down my emotions. If someone talked about how nice it was for us to be there and I tried to tell why I could not come sooner, sad feelings washing over me.



Her home looks much the same even though there are some new things there. I firmly believe that new is how it should be as life moves on. I guess that process goes in fits and starts. Along with that idea we met my brother-in-law’s special friend.



We missed all the serious rain storms on the way south, but the next day when coming home, we got a serious weather report on the radio. One of the problems is not know that neighboring counties or towns. But the clouds confirmed the notion that we were past the high winds and possible hail. A couple hours later we again got surrounded by serious looking clouds. They did release some of their load of water just as we were coming through. Luckily it was just rain and no hail. Even the wind was not as strong as it could have been. We were grateful for safe passage. It was great to see that we had gotten 2.45 inches of rain at home where it had seemed rather dry.



I am glad that I made this trip because my brother-in-law was so pleased to have us come. Also I believe it is important for me to be able to get farther along in my life’s journey.



Paula

No comments: