Saturday, June 16, 2018

Inside Cool

Hello,



I did go out this morning to hang out three loads of clothes. I was happy that they were all dry before noon so I did not have to be out in the hot time of day. It was wonderful to be out in the cool of the morning. I am so happy with our flowers it lifts my soul to look at them. The poinsettias still have red leaves on them. I am quite surprised to see that in the middle of June. I do not remember this happening in the past. I have previously planted them outdoors, but usually they just get green leaves almost immediately.








I see I should have weeded today before I took these pictures, especially the ones by the compost bin. We are becoming a go to place for creeping Charlie. Apparently the word is out that we are tolerant to a degree.



We are taking care of both front garden beds this year. I planted marigolds on one side about one week before the other because I had not bought enough. The first side looks vigorous and healthy. The second side has been attacked by some bug. We had put netting over it since the squirrels wanted to dig in there. Do you suppose that bugs were trapped under the netting? The marigolds were not only there for their looks, but to deter bugs. Leroy wonders, “Did the marigolds save the plants by attracting the bugs? The other plants have not been eaten.”



Life is full of mysteries.



Paula


No comments: