Saturday, June 23, 2018

New things, New Learning



Hello,



I have now started to use the IPhone five that a friend gave me. The flip phone that I had purchased worked, but after about a week no one could understand me. Did I drop it or did my voice just become garbled? I am not sure, but it was no longer a good option.



I am now learning to use the new phone. Mostly that is going well because we do have an IPod and there are many similarities. Also at work I spend a little time using the IPad for yoga. Today I figured out how to post a phone picture on FB and it was easy. However I am not sure how easy it will be to move it to the computer so I could share it with you in a letter. There is more new learning in the future.



The pictures that I shared were of our oatmeal bowls this morning. The fresh fruit was heaped up on them. Before breakfast Leroy and I went out along the trail that we can access about two blocks from our house. Yesterday evening we had taken a walk and “pigged out” on the black raspberries that were deliciously ripe. This morning we went back dressed in jeans and long sleeves allowing us greater penetrating ability without getting scratched. We were also carrying buckets. We picked both raspberries and mulberries. It was so exciting and satisfying. Almost made me feel back home on the farm even though I am in the middle of a city.



Later this morning we bought a new laptop. The current machine is seven years old. The battery no longer holds a charge and apparently there is a short in the power cord because from time to time it would just stall. I was quite surprised that Leroy did not take the new one out of the box immediately, but he did not. So I am still using the old model. Tomorrow the new one will surely come out and then I will have to get used to that model. We are keeping our old forms of all other programs so it should not be much learning required. This one is also a touch screen. We were not sure that we needed this feature, however this one was on clearance so we took it as part of the package. Hopefully it will work well and faithfully. Seven years would be nice.



Paula

No comments: