Tuesday, February 20, 2018

The Forum and Palatino

Hello,



The Colosseum tickets were good for the Forum and Palatino with a time of 24 hours to use. But first we were pleased to see that we could have breakfast at the hotel. Even though this establishment was a small concern, they had a nice assortment of possibilities. We met the woman who took care of that, and I suspect, cleaned our rooms as well. I was pleased to get some of my protein in the meal. Because I am a not meat eater I had a bit of a hard time finding things that would fill that protein requirement. Even though the egg was not as cooked as I like I gratefully ate it along with some yogurt.



After breakfast we sent Leroy into the bowels of the metro to figure out just where to get the tickets. He came back with a report so we all headed on down as we could not find the place our hotel guy had told us we could get tickets. Even though I had been getting a bit concerned by the time Leroy came back, I should have know that he would have learned many details such as the direction to go once we had the tickets. Leroy likes to get it all in order so that there are no surprises.



I had not known much about the Forum and nothing about Palatino. I learned a lot, but I am hesitant to say that I will remember it. Certainly I can see the places in my mind. We were fortunate that the rain stopped during the times that we were outside. Or it was a manageable rain with raincoats and umbrellas. Our friendly hotel woman even gave the people who had not brought umbrellas, some that had been left at the establishment. What a kind heart!



We were all grateful for the gift of the metro right outside our door. It was so nice that we hardly even got wet at the entrance.



Paula

No comments: