Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Sheets to the Wind

Hello,



On this lovely last day of February the clothes were hanging on the line picking up sun and breezes for a great fresh air smell when we slip our feet into bed. Something refreshing to look forward to! The ground was a bit wet under the clothes line, but I tried to step on grass and not soil as I went up and down the area. Because it is in deep shade under the trees and there had been a camper parked there the soil is exposed in some places. At least most of the water was gone and my shoes did not squish into the mud very much. The days of spring and summer are coming with the promise of more outdoor time which lifts my spirit.



Another joy is the pink Christmas cactus that is blooming once again. That is the third time this year. How this small plant puts forth so much effort in beauty is quite fine. I counted 13 open blooms with several more to come. Yesterday for the first time I saw that there are a limited number of very small buds on the white cactus. This is the second bloom session for it. I look forward to that beauty as well. I may have lost my 45 year old plant, but I am happy to welcome the smaller new ones into my space. Does that mean that we should welcome change in our lives? The cacti are in the bedroom so it is one of the first things that I see in the morning. What a great way to wake up. My idea of poor is to have no house plants or green growing things around me. That means I am rich beyond all wild dreams.



Paula

No comments: