Monday, February 5, 2018

In Barcelona

Hello,



It was uplifting to meet the third couple in our group. They had chosen just to come to the ship and not spend the extra day in Barcelona. Leroy and these two guys graduated from seminary the same year. I am so happy that we could spend good times together when we had not been together often since that time.



We all took the cruise included tour of Barcelona, but at different times. There was not so much rain when we started out on the bus, but before we were done it was much more rain. With cool temperatures it was not so pleasant outside. We did tour a church. When we came out the heavens dumped on us. Luckily the company provided one large umbrella per cabin and we had brought two with us so we were covered with one to share. My shoes, along with others got soaked. I was happy to take them off.



In the afternoon we friends, as a group, went back to tour Casa Batllo which Gaudi had built. This time I wore my Keen sandals and it was much better. Now all I had to do was dry my feet when I returned. That Leroy was well prepared because he had waterproof hiking shoes.



The Casa Batllo had something new and wonderful at every turn. I just wonder how this man could think of all these things which were so outside of the normal type of structure and yet so functional.



Talk was profuse, sleep elusive, and laughter rampant.



Paula

No comments: