Saturday, February 17, 2018

The Flu

Hello,



We are home and have been for two weeks, but I continue to write as if we were still traveling. Leroy had the flu the first week and now I have it so I do not have much energy to write. When I can I will bring you up to date on our days in Rome.



Leroy did a lot of coughing, sneezing, and snuffing his nose. I have not done so much of that, but I have had a fever every day that is over 100 degrees F. When it gets up to 101, I start taking pills to bring it down. I also take some before bed so I can sleep.



Leroy has been stepping up to the plate getting meals, grocery shopping, cooking, washing dishes, laundry, and repairing the drip in the bathroom sink while I lounge on the futon. I am grateful for that futon as it allows me to stretch out in the living room. So far Leroy has not sighed much over lost reading time which he values beyond jewels.



We watched the movie, Hidden Figures, this afternoon. Amazingly enough, we both thought it was well worth viewing.



Paula

No comments: