Monday, February 26, 2018

Still Traveling

Hello,



Upon landing in Chicago I wondered where our friendly volunteer, directing us to the easy way to go from one terminal to another, hangs out now. We had to collect our check-in bag. I had forgotten about this step. All bags and we had to go through security once more. We had to do the entire process of taking off shoes, etc. because again there was no indication on our tickets that we had the pre check option. Luckily our plane was not leaving any time soon so it was not a problem, but I was happy to be done with that.



As we were looking for the place we needed to go, I saw one of the people from our airline to ask. I also commented on the condition of my ticket so they printed me a new one which included the usual pre check ability. I should have asked for that sooner.



We were too early and could not learn our assigned gate number. When we did learn that number we moved into the area only to learn after a half hour wait that our gate had been changed. That happened once more before we finally got on a later plane.



In the meantime Leroy had texted our downstairs friends to let them know what was happening since they had agreed to pick us up. In Chicago I turned on my phone to find a message from them, wondering if we were still coming home at the same time. I straightened that out. At this time Leroy was getting texts from someone who talked about being stranded in an airport while on their way to Myanmar. Only after we got home did we learn that both Leroy and Robin had the wrong phone numbers for each other. They had not been communicating with each other, but some strangers who asked few questions.



Paula

No comments: