Sunday, February 18, 2018

Getting Into Rome

Hello,



Because I did not go to church today, I am having a hard time realizing it is Sunday. I have not been lying down today except to take a nap with Leroy this afternoon. My solid clues that I have a least a slight fever is that my joints ache, especially my hands plus the toilet seat is almost unbearably cold. Other than that I feel much, much better.



The last morning on the ship, our little group agreed on a time to meet to disembark (new word that is now in my vocabulary). The ship’s crew was quite organized so it was not difficult to find our larger bags that had been transported to the exit area the night before. Then we just settled in to wait for our shuttle driver to take us to our hotel. After about an hour of waiting and checking the name placards that drivers were holding, I commented, “Leroy and I do not have a good track record in this area. We have not been met two times in the past by people with our names.”



I did a tai chi routine to calm down and pass the time along. Finally one of our group went to check with a tour group leader about how to proceed. I am not sure how this tour women made the connection, but she found a drive who was in need of a group. All of us had seen him before, but since we did not have the name he held, we ignored him. He seemed to be looking for us as he was to take someone to our hotel, but with the wrong family name. We finally were on our way much later than anticipated. The drive was uneventful so that is good. We were pleased to see that the hotel was right down in the old city and just outside of a metro stop. What could be better?



Paula

No comments: