Monday, October 31, 2016

Games

Hello,

Leroy and I played an old game last night, double solitaire. It has been years since we have done this. Leroy even managed to beat me several times when we each had the same card aimed at the same spot. Seems to me his ability to focus and interpret quickly is greatly improving. He sees the therapist this morning. Yesterday we did a routine with a ball that she had done. I have to confess that I got rather tired doing it, but if it helps I will do it some more.

Yesterday the phone rang with daughter, Sarah’s number on the id. I answered, “Hello, Sarah.”

Natalie informed me, “This is not Sarah. It is Natalie. We want to use Skype or Facetime to talk.” This girl has come a long way to handle all that so well.

We tried to use Skype, but it was an update for Leroy and I. For some reason we could not hear them, but they could hear us. The button to fix that was well hidden in this new program. We decided to go back to the classic program, however now we could hear them and they could not hear us. At that point we just used the phone line and muted the talk on the computer. It ws not long before Sarah’s phone battery died. We did some looking and typing. In a bit I realized we were in the classic version so I knew where to look for a sound adjustment. Now we could both see and hear on the same devise. How is that for playing games? Hopefully my brain is growing from all that, otherwise it was a bit frustrating even though I felt proud that we could solve it in the end.

I was please to see that our children live in the country’s fittest cities according to one source. DC is # 1 with Minneapolis-St. Paul # 2. Salt Lake is the lowest at #8. I will say that I see a lot of people walking or using bikes in all those places. Some of the rating is based the percentage of the population that lived within ten minutes of a park. I do use the parks extensively when visiting the first two places, walking there not driving.


Paula

No comments: