Saturday, October 29, 2016

Glad about Facebook

Hello,

I had tried, with no success, last year to contact one of my college friends. Today I got a friend request from her on facebook. It was so much fun to reconnect. We just did a little message chat, but still it was great. I was so excited that I immediately called another college friend. She had tried unsuccessfully to contact the lost friend by phone, snail mail and email. We are now hopeful that we will be able to connect in person and face to face. If the computer had not been invented and become such a part of our lives would we have made this connection? We have all moved since the last time we had gotten Christmas cards. How did people find lost friends back in the old days?

Leroy is preaching tonight as the pastor who is doing the weekend services had something that he wanted to attend tonight. Is your sermon good? I asked Leroy.

“Good, but not exciting,” he replied.

The choir is singing tomorrow and I do not go to church more than once a weekend if I can manage. I will hear the sermon just a different version of it.

I did go to church this morning for a women’s breakfast so I was there once and that is enough for the day.

This afternoon I went to the garden and collected tomatoes, broccoli, cilantro, and dug some onions. I shared some of everything except the broccoli since it did not seem like such a large amount. It is so wonderful to get all of this produce from the garden at the end of October. I do not see a freeze in the forecast so there will be more days of good eating ahead. The cilantro is like phoenix rising from the ashes as this must be the fourth time it is just reproducing. Right now it is at the best eating stage.


Paula

No comments: