Sunday, October 30, 2016

Leroy's Jobs

Hello,

Leroy has the afternoon off so he made a list of jobs. He tackled the first one which was to put the new handlebar ends on his bike. When they did not fit or he could not tighten them enough he got a bit disgruntled. The shop will do it, but he wanted to do it. However by moving on to cracking some walnuts he raised his spirits. Because he was working so much on a Sunday I thought I had better do something too so I swept the leaves off the deck. Course there are now 5-10 leaves that have drifted down.

Leroy is going to sharpen knives and pick out walnuts. I will join him on the nut picking task as I can do that even though it is not my favorite thing. I like the finished product better than Leroy does. I eat nuts daily. Am I related to a squirrel?

Leroy also went on a search for his seminary class graduation picture. He had it out last winter, but then when someone gave him the names of people in that 45 year old picture, he could not find the picture. I was impressed that he found the picture in the second box in which he looked. Now he cannot find the list of names. Is there a trend here? He managed to name all but fourteen out of perhaps 50. He is requesting that list of names once more from the classmate who supplied it before.

While he was in that picture box I managed to toss about ten of them. There are also some that I am going to send to my brother and my niece. Then there is a pile to take to MN when our family gets together in December. I thought the grandchildren might be interested in seeing some of them. I could even give up a few of those. Somehow the load will get lighter.

I also found some postcards from Auschwitz that I am giving to a teacher who uses our library to get materials for her WWII class. Now do you know anyone who would like a book of Russian art?


Paula

No comments: