Friday, October 7, 2016

Bringing In Plants

Hello,

Leroy was at the church this afternoon so I brought five plants into his office. I used to take many of them to the library, but will only have three there as it was too many plants for some tastes. The morning time was spent hanging out clothes and doing a final scrub on the plant pots. I also checked all of the leaves for bugs or spider webs that might house baby spiders. My self-appointed summer job of squash bug killer helped me to gain the skill and confidence to tackle all bugs with my bare hands. How I have changed! There was one critter that I gently pushed off the mother-in-law’s tongue. It stayed on the work table for a small amount of time, perhaps getting orientated before it crawled up the side of the bucket. I thought it was quite fine looking. 
It stayed with me for a long time even as I dipped my brush into the water.

I think the plants look quite fine in Leroy’s office. Hopefully they will do well even if it is on the north side and there will be much light, but little sun. Then there is the added interest of Leroy watering them. Do you think he will remember or water too much?

On my way home I stopped to get a flu shot only to find out, after I had filled out all of the paperwork, that my insurance does not have a contract with this pharmacy so they would only do it if I paid for it. Since I know the insurance will pay. I declined.

I had hoped to have it before traveling to DC for a visit with Sarah’s family. It seems that traveling exposes one to different germs. Course the flu shots do not really come to full strength until after two weeks so I am already too late. But when I think of it, I like to get it done as it is hard to say when I will think of it again.


Paula

No comments: