Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Autumn Planning

Hello,

I got my shingles shot. It cost $100 less than expected so I suppose the insurance supplement covered that. It was a much gentler experience than the pneumonia shot. So far my arm is not complaining. Hopefully if I ever get shingles again they will be a mild variety.

I also did a little shopping while I was out. Is bleach a necessary substance to have in the house? I have used all that I had, but it seems that it takes a very long time to use a bottle. Perhaps I should get just a small amount. I noticed one was touted as being splatter proof. Just how does that happen?

This afternoon I switched my summer and winter clothes, assuming that I can manage if we have a hot spell before winter moves in. I even managed to eliminate three things. It probably should have been more, but I was just moving rather than sorting.

Tonight we are having bean soup. I am out of cornmeal so I will not make cornbread as planned, but will perhaps do biscuits. Leroy requested the soup as he likes to have it left over for his lunches. Makes his lunch plan simple in thought and work.

Last night was a spook walk in Ely where I work. The library was the place to turn in a vote card. Our door counter recorded 250+ people as entering from 1:00 to 9:00. Most of them did not require library services, just a treat and smile. It was easy and fun, however I am happy that I do not have to work so late every night.

On the way home there was a dead deer occupying about a fourth of my side of the road. Luckily I saw it in time to swerve over without hitting any approaching cars. I took that as a warning to be on the lookout for more live animals.


Paula

No comments: