Monday, October 24, 2016

Music in the air

Hello,

Yesterday was another full day. If I had not told a friend I would help at the choir concert, we probably would have stayed home or been outside more. We did ride our bikes over to the church where Leroy could lock them in the shed safe from any prying eyes or hands. It was a nice ride. From there we walked to the choir venue. I have not been on the bike for about a month. I had thought of riding to work one last time on Saturday, but it was still quite dark and cold at the hour I would have needed to leave. Coming home would have been great, but I do not have the possibility as my DC daughter does of renting a bike one way and leaving it on the opposite end.

Going back to the concert, it was a good music experience. Then I realize I should go to more of these. Also we helped with ushering and refreshments. After the concert, Leroy was quite happy to spend quite a bit of time talking with someone he knows, but does not often see. That is also a plus as well.

I could even listen to music more in the house, but I almost never think to turn it on. My mother always worked in relative silence and I seem to have picked up that habit. I remember she said that if she turned on the radio we children just got louder and louder. I also remember looking behind the radio which was a bit large, for the people who were talking. It was always a bit of mystery. Really I suppose it still is. I do not totally know how all the wireless stuff happens. Perhaps that is how life is best lived, with a bit of mystery.


Paula

No comments: