Sunday, September 11, 2016

Sunday Tasks

Hello,

Today was the first Sunday choir sang in church this fall. It is great to be in the same group for such an extended time. I like the possibility of greeting people with whom I have a connection. The sense of familiarity sits comfortably on my shoulders.

Leroy’s knee has been tender so he has not been walking. I walked to church and he drove. We both stayed for a class on Islam. Because we were coming back to church to have lunch and then do a service project, I rode home with Leroy and back to the church to get that lunch and meet our group. I had planned to walk to the place that we had volunteered to clean. Leroy was taking a ride with someone else. Because I was not totally sure where this place was I also accepted a ride, but at the end of the time I walked all the way home and it felt good on this nice fall day.

At this place we did housework, but it was more fun and easier doing it with a group than when I work at home. Group housework sounds like a good idea; I would help you if you would help me. I did not actually do much housework. I cleaned computer keyboards in the computer room and then ended getting the floor of the men’s bathroom clean in the corners and along the edges as the woman who was doing that could not squat as I do and her knees would not allow a closer connection with the floor. Leroy did a lot of vacuuming.

We all patted ourselves on the back for a job well done when it was finished. It only took a couple hours. Not a bad amount of time given to make something better for someone.


Paula

No comments: