Friday, September 30, 2016

Pants and Shoes

Hello,

I bought some new pants. They felt good in the store, especially when I was standing. As I always do I sat down to test the feel as they come against my abdomen. It seemed to be ok. I took the tags off and wore them to work one day. It was not long before I did not close the clips at the waist and just let the inside button do the holding job. If pants are too tight and press into my stomach I get quite a noticeable pain which is only relieved when I take the restricting item off. My dad also had this sensitivity. Perhaps we have a tight curve at the appendix or some other bend in the internal equipment. Daddy only wore overalls for farm work. I never saw him in a pair of jeans. On Sunday he would wear dress pants to church, but usually with suspenders rather than a belt. Mom told me one time that nearer the end of his life his underpants were so large she did not know how they stayed on his body as he was quite slim. But he was happy that way. Anyway my pants felt so much better when I stood up. I thought up lots of excuses to be on my feet.

One of the second hand pair of shoes that I brought home from UT is a brand that I have liked. All of these shoes look as if they were never worn or maybe worn once or twice. The problem with this pair was that they were a half size larger than I usually wear, but they had a strap across the instep so I thought it might be ok. They felt good in UT for the time I wore them around the house there. Here I wore them to work even though I felt that my foot was sliding forward and touching the toe. By noon I was wishing that I had not worn them. They felt best when I was seated so that I could slide my foot back to the heel. When I walked my foot walked out of the heel area. Luckily I keep a pair of shoes at work that feel good on my foot so I could change. I will pass that other pair on to someone else. I do have some shoes that I wear only when I am not walking anywhere in particular. For instance, I often walk to church in a different pair of shoes than the pair I wear for church where I am sitting a lot.

It seems I have stand up pants and sit down shoes. Now the real trick will be not to wear them at the same time. Woe is me if I forget which is which.


Paula

No comments: