Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Crazy clothes hanger

Hello,

Even though it was quite dark out I planned to hang out laundry because it is my day off and the bedding needed attention. Far be it from me to change plans if I can avoid it. I checked the weather on the IPod saw a prediction of rain in about two hours, happily hung out the mattress pad and two other things. Fans were in the windows in two rooms pulling in or out the cooler outside air. It is great to have fans work in tandem. I did not hear the rain start because of fan noise. When I looked out it was obvious that the time to bring in the items had passed. When the next load was out of the washer, I hung it up on racks, because I dislike running the dryer in the summer. After all there is the great outdoors even if I could not use it at that moment. Shortly the rain stopped and the sun came out. I checked the local TV station’s radar map to learn that the rain was over for a time. I hung out much of that next load, brought in the other and put it through the spin cycle once more wringing out the rain water. After which I hung it back out. Just before I ate lunch I thought I better check on the clothes only to feel sprinkles as I went out the door. Hastily, I threw the driest things in the basket, brought them up, raced back down, and gathered up the rest before much rain came down. All clothes are inside either put away or on the rack except for one pair of socks that I overlooked. I have a big old clothes drying rack that was my mother’s. I often think of her when I use it. The only problem with it is finding a spot to store it. There, in front of me is a sentimental object that probably has little value to others, but I do not know how to let it go when I think about further narrowing of our lives. I also love to keep practical items.

As my children no doubt think, “Mom is over the edge when it comes to hanging out clothes.” Generally I do find it to be a pleasant experience. This way I have managed to go up and down stairs several times. Could that count as my exercise?


Paula

No comments: