Saturday, September 10, 2016

In the garden + at a concert

Hello,

Yesterday I went to the garden after a hiatus of three days. In that time the zucchini had grown large or at least two of the six were large. I gave those to people who had claimed to like the large ones. I found other people to take all but one of them. I selfishly kept one of the small ones for myself. While there, a girl from the close college stopped to talk so I helped her find two cucumbers, a few onions, and some cilantro. She did not want to try okra, or edamame. I was quite pleased that she talked as most of the students just ignore us.

Last night we went to a community concert as someone had given us tickets. It was nice to see so many people from church there to make a little connection. The program was a woman who writes songs and is now singing and performing. It is more in the country music genre which I do not listen to. I did know a total of three songs out of perhaps twenty, Leroy knew one more than I did. I was also pleasantly surprised, that I did enjoy it after I learned it was country.

During intermission I set the programs (just a folded sheet of paper) down on the arm of Leroy’s seat since no one was sitting next to him. After the break a woman came and sat there. Leroy turned to me and whispered, “She just sat on our programs.”

I whispered back, “How do you know, can you see a piece of them?”

“Yes,” he answered quietly.

“Can you pull a corner of them?” I wondered.

Leroy looked horrified, “No,” he said as he shook his head vigorously.

“How about asking for them?” I wondered next with a laugh.

After a bit, this woman stood up noticed the programs that had fallen and gave them to her companions.

In the end we just figured we did not need to look at the names of the songs. I cannot tell you who the performer was as it was also on the program. First name was Victoria.


Paula

No comments: