Sunday, September 4, 2016

Bike to Work

Hello,

Once again I rode my bike to work. It was a beautiful day with a fall feel to it. I wore a light jacket for the morning ride and it was just fine. I do not work on a Saturday again until October 1 so this might have been my last long bike ride until spring. It is so nice to be out now the trail is not quite as busy, but there are still people to see almost every mile, walking or riding. I am happy the trail gets so much use.

On the way to work I went over a train. Luckily the whistle blowing was over by the time I got there. The wheels made plenty of noise. This empty coal train was really moving, creating a bit of a wind up on the bike trail bridge. Someone else told me it was awful to cross that bridge when a train was down there. I did not linger so I did not find it bad.

On the way home a nice sized doe deer walked across in front of me. Otherwise there was little wildlife to behold.

I even remembered to bring home all of my clothes, including one piece which held my name tag. I try to leave that at work, but I will remember to take it on Tuesday as I put it in my go to work bag.

Only about 70 people come to the library consequently I got quite a bit of cataloging done as well as sorting through some donated books. I am always astonished at the number of books we receive. Maybe because I work in a library, I seldom buy books. The rest of the population seems to buy enough to make up for my lack.

Leroy and I sat on the futon and watched a DVD. First time in four years that we have been able to sit side by side to watch a movie at home. It was nice, however, because of the furniture arrangement we both wish that we had a larger TV. I never thought that idea would cross my mind. Life changes in many ways.


Paula

No comments: