Saturday, September 24, 2016

Flooding Coming

Hello,

Flooding will come to our town. How much and just exactly when is not totally known, but a close prediction has been made.

Friday, Leroy spent most of his work day at the museum moving things around. He also packed some books and his laptop that has library software on it, so he could work from home next week as the museum will be closed most of the week. I also went and helped in the afternoon. I did not feel that I did so much, but I helped move a few things. The second big task also involved Leroy. They wanted some traffic cones. I called a store to learn if they had any before heading out to get them. It took several tries to get an answer at the store then they wanted to know the size, medium or large. I am grateful for these portable phones we all have now, because I could run across the lawn and question someone.

I had ridden to the museum with Leroy and did not bring my purse so I could not buy these things. Leroy did not know either how to purchase them so he did some swift walking to find out how to get them. He was given the museum credit card. He also found someone to talk about the cost. I knew how many they wanted. Because we were going to a store on the side of town where we seldom go, we went together. I suppose someday we will have to buy a smart phone. For its own mysterious reasons the GPS would not turn on.  At the store it was a struggle to find someone to get these things down from a high shelf. As many people were buying equipment for the impending floor they were quite busy. Then it was a problem to fit two large boxes in our small car, especially since the trunk was already filled with all of the things Leroy was taking home. We finally emptied one box so we could fit them in in a different manner. I asked a worker who was getting shopping carts if he would take the box or if I should. He told me it would really help if I took it. He would have to take it all the way round to the back of the building. He jumped on it to flatten it and we jammed it into the car too.

Because of so much traffic with all of the extra people in the area it was a struggle to get around.

Leroy went back this afternoon. I stayed home feeling guilty, but baking some sour cream twists because I had some sour milk that needed to be used or thrown. Guess what? I dislike throwing.


Paula

No comments: