Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Papers Lost, Money Pledged

Hello,

Last week I looked for the sheet that I have passwords written on. It was not to be found by me. I looked in every place I could imagine that it might have been placed. My entire grasp of life seemed to be slipping away as I wondered how I would access this important file or that important file. Who knew that my life could come to a halt just because of some sequence of numbers, symbols, or letters? At least for a day or two I got along with my memory and only needed to seek another password for one file. Leroy also did not know where this paper was, but he remembered using it since we had returned from UT. The search was on once more, but destined for a lack of success because I just looked in the same places I had already search. The next day I moved an object, saw a corner of paper sticking out and there it was. Now if I could just totally think like Leroy I would know where to look as this was close to where it belonged.

Logan and Sophia are doing a fun run for money for their school. Leroy and I have set $15 as the amount that we will pledge all grandchildren when we get inquires for support for school needs. I went on line; signed up both Sophia and Logan. Unfortunately I signed up $15 per lap for Logan. They are doing at least 30 laps bringing my pledge to at least $450. Oh no, not what I had intended. I got an email from someone either at the organization or the school asking if that is what I meant. I promptly emailed back and explained that I just wanted to give $15 total. In the evening I saw that my email had come back as not being deliverable even though I had simply clicked on the link. In the meantime Brian had noticed this pledge and talked to Leroy about it. Brian knows just how generous his parents are. Leroy tried to correct the situation on line, but this morning it was clear that it had not worked when I got a phone call from someone at the school thanking me for my generous donation. I explained that I did not want to give that much. I suppose that means I would rather keep my money. This woman was able to change the situation instantly. When I went online I could see that Logan’s total pledges are now just over $100 so my $450 pledge was gone. Whew! Life on computers can be just a bit of a minefield.


Paula

No comments: