Friday, November 7, 2014

Squirrel meal time

Hello,

In spite of the cold, I went out early to hang up some of the freshly washed bedding. It was not such a job because they are all big pieces. By the time I was done, my hands were cold, but not hurting. As I was out there I heard a lot of squirrel attacking nuts sounds. When I looked up into the bare walnut tree I saw three squirrels. Two were backed up against the trunk and one was farther out on a branch. All had nuts in their paws up to their mouths. They make a scraping sound as they tackle this meal that is not so easily acquired. All of these animals had their tails flattened up their backs and almost over their heads. It was a sight worth smiling about. Later in the day when I brought the clothes in I saw and heard just one squirrel still working for a meal. Now the tail was hanging along the branch. Tails must be good insulation.

Yesterday at work the power went out for almost an hour. I was once again reminded about our dependence on electricity. All of us found our work at a standstill, mostly because we could not use the computers. No one has to bomb us, just turn off the power and we would be a pack of sniveling loonies in about a week or two.

Today I noticed a suction holder for a stained glass figure was on the floor in the computer room. I searched the floor, close furniture and did not find the glass figure. Later Leroy also looked unsuccessfully. We speculate that it fell in the waste basket and was thrown out on Wednesday. Well that is one way to eliminate possessions. Not my favored way, but it does work. Even without small children around to blame for the disappearance of items, Leroy and I manage to lose a few things. As we grow we become more skilled and talented.


Paula

No comments: