Monday, November 3, 2014

More Light

Hello,

Leroy saw a woodpecker and thought about taking its picture. Then he decided that it does not work very well through the screen. He asked, “Would you like to take the screens out of some windows and store them in the attic for the winter?”

“I would,” I exclaimed.

We then took out about half the screens, concentrating on the windows that we most often look at squirrels or birds or the sun. I am pleased at how much more light comes in because of that change. It also looks cleaner when I look out. Such pleasure from a simple action!

Our listing kitchen cabinet will be worked on today. I am happy about that even though I did not really feel that it would fall any moment, it was a concern. Not everyone has listing cabinets, sounds like we might be at sea.

I brought in some coleus slips and they have rooted nicely. Yesterday at church someone was telling me that they wanted to bring some coleus inside for the winter and had not been very successful at rooting them. I volunteered to give them mine and they were excited to get them. Hopefully in the spring I can get some slips from them or just let it all go to the church. Sharing is good sometimes. Leroy and I both like these and feel like the plants are crowding us in our small space. One is gone now. This winter I have herbs which I have not had inside in the past. There is rosemary, parsley, and oregano (two kinds). That takes up a bit more window space than normal.


Paula

No comments: