Sunday, November 16, 2014

Plans

Hello,

We had planned to go visit my sister as she is in the hospital in St. Louis. The plan was to drive down and back in one day. We both worked yesterday so that did not a two day weekend make. The problem was that we both did some slipping and sliding on the way home from work last night.

I zoomed along on the blacktop because the cars ahead of me were traveling at almost the speed limit, maybe a little above that. When I got to my turn off, even though I had slowed down quite a bit, I slipped a little. After that I adopted turtle speed. Tracks in the snow/slush indicated others sliding at the next stoplight. In the rearview mirror I could see the car behind me slipping over into the next unoccupied lane and then coming back my way. After crawling around downtown, it was clear at the bottom of the exit ramp that someone had been unable to stop and leaped the curb by the stop sign. I was happy to shift into lower gears.

Leroy told me he spun his wheels when starting up after every red light for which he had to stop. Because the report said more snow today we cancelled travel plans and felt ourselves lose tension.

Tuesday we are going to fly to DC to be with Sarah’s family. Because no snow or other bad weather besides cold is predicted I am confident that those plans will be met.

Leroy and I are going to use the bus to get to the airport, but it tempting to call on someone else to take us because the bus does not get there at quite the time we would like so that means being a little late or being quite a lot early. At this moment we are planning to do the quite a lot early. Surely we can find something to talk about that is interesting and stimulating.


Paula

No comments: