Saturday, November 8, 2014

Saturday Jobs

Hello,

Leroy and I went shopping this morning. Without expecting to buy anything, the grand opening of a shoes store called us. We each got a pair of shoes that we did not need, but will wear in time. I was excited to find a 10.5 size which is rather rare. It even felt good on my foot, but I did learn that I could wear it at home for an extended period of time and bring it back if it was uncomfortable. Right now I have them on, but of course, I should be walking around to see what it feels like. Sitting does not always tell the tale.

I have been putting off checking about getting our new family pictures in the old frame. I am not sure why, but that type of task wears me out jut to think about it. Maybe it helped that Leroy was with me as he bullies right on through to the end. Prices were checked in two stores and I am quite comfortable with the one store whose estimate was $50 less. I was surprised that the difference was so great. Now there will be a delay because I have decided to replace one of the pictures with another. It will be done before Christmas.

I plan to exercise this afternoon. Now if you tell me to do it so I do not forget about it that would be good.

I am also planning to go to the community garden and pick some broccoli or brussel sprouts. Brussel sprouts from our front yard garden were tasty, but very small.

I will also plant the winter onion bulbs that I see lying on the ground. They will grow either way, but it will be easier to harvest in the spring if there is a little distance between them. These onions were a gift from my Chariton neighbor. She gave me a few in the spring. We ate some and I planted some. Now we have had them for five or six years. Each year there are a few more of them and I share a few more. It is so good when gifts go on and on.


Paula

No comments: