Tuesday, August 31, 2010

No boxes in the kitchen

Burlington, Ia

Hello,

Right now there are no longer any boxes in the kitchen and adjoining dinning area. Course that is not taking into account the boxes that are downstairs labeled kitchen. I consider them less important. They will be opened later.

Tomorrow, I am going to stop living out of a suitcase. The dresser has been cleaned out so I can start to put my clothes in there. I can also hang things in the closet. Guess I could have done that sooner, but it is always a choice of what to do first. As it is I hop from job to job.

Leroy’s sister brought us some tomatoes, cucumbers, green beans, concord grapes, and one green pepper. I washed and put the grapes in the freezer, cooked and ate about half of the beans, froze many of the tomatoes, put the cucumbers in the refrigerator, and ate half of the green pepper. As she said, “I know it is a bad time to bring them, but they will be gone later.”

I am happy to have them. We so enjoy fresh produce. We have been eating the best tomatoes and cucumbers that the earth can provide. What a gift.

Leroy and I are strong but tired. Geese fly over every day, morning and evening. The first night Leroy could not sleep and while he was wandering around he looked out and spotted a deer in the back. I am not surprised as the hosta have been eaten by someone as has another plant. Wildlife abounds all over.

My house plants survived and thrived in others care this summer. The trip seems not to have affected them at all. Yes!

Paula

No comments: