Friday, August 20, 2010

they are OFF and we are ON

Salt Lake City

Hello,

Heading for Hawaii, Miriam and Andy left the house at 10:00. The girls and I promptly got out the promised snack for when mom and dad were gone. Not much crying at the gate since life goes on and food beckons.

Leroy and I have managed well for the first hours. We even made a trip to the grocery store. How does this ever get done with only one parent in charge? Leroy and I think divide and conquer is a good method for any outing.

I watered a hanging plant of Miriam’s. For some reason the nozzle had been taken off the hose. So when I turned it on water started running out. I quickly dashed around the gate put the hose over the plant, two year old Nora wanted to help hold the hose, instructed Nora to keep the water on the plant, raced around the gate again to turn off the water, got a full blast of water on my body as Nora walked in my direction, yelled for help, turned off the water just as Leroy lowered the hose and laughed. Everything takes a little more thought. I did laugh too, but not as much as Leroy did.

Leroy and I will work on some of the plums and put them in the freezer for making into jam later. We are now out of containers suitable for jam. The tree is still loaded. We had been hoping that the peaches would be ready too, but it is not to be before we leave. There are some green apples that are ripe as well. I might make something with them.

Enjoy your day.

Paula

No comments: