Wednesday, August 25, 2010

All is Well

Salt Lake City

Hello,

Nora never threw up but once. She was her normal sweet self yesterday. We even went to the historical farm in town and climbed in the tree house.

Miriam and Andy came home this morning to the joy of dancing girls, maybe dancing grandparents too. Even though I said this time was too long. I now know it will be over too soon and too short as we leave early tomorrow morning for our trek out of Utah, through (or is it over) Wyoming, to the west/middle of Nebraska where we will spent the night before going to Chariton on Friday.

We expect to get to Chariton early enough to pick up the u-haul truck. If that does not happen it will delay our packing up stored things by an hour. We will be in Burlington Saturday late afternoon or early evening depending on everything going according to plan.

Here, the car is packed with all but the bag we will need at the motel. It is hard for me not to feel a little tense, not much, but I am concerned about some unthought-of item. It will be ok I keep telling myself.

We babysat for the last time as Miriam and Andy had obligations tonight even though they just flew home today. Sleep disruption is a problem with the four hour shift in time.

Now I do not have such a big time change, only one hour tomorrow. Hoping that the girls sleep well tonight. Last night I was up twice for Nora, once for Olivia, and twice for Katie. Katie has lost a lot of weight and she does not snore for which I was grateful. Last night however, she needed to go outside twice. Then wouldn’t you know it, I went to the bathroom at some other time when no one was getting me up for any reason, sigh. The rest of the time I slept and dreamed deeply.

Paula

No comments: