Saturday, August 21, 2010

Good complete First Day of Babysitting

Salt Lake City

Hello,

The morning was very smooth with few bumps in the road. At noon however, it was not quite as smooth. Three year old Olivia did not want to eat her scrambled eggs that she had originally wanted. I told her the choice was to eat the eggs or nothing. She chose nothing. That was ok, but she left the table and was playing in the living room which attracted Nora who also declared herself finished and went to the living room where a fight immediately started. Leroy went in to referee. Olivia came in to report to me because she did not like the outcome, but instead of talking to me she stood there and screamed. That is frequently her response of choice these days. Without thinking too much about it I opened my mouth and joined her in a scream. Katie, the dog leaped up off the floor and raced out of the room. Olivia’s eyes bulged and her scream died. Nora and Leroy became as quiet as if someone had pushed the off button. Olivia and I talked some about screaming and talking. She did not like it when I screamed so we will hope for talking next time. I am not proud of this, but it worked for the minute.

We took an extra walk to the bakery for some bread and on the way home bought a watermelon from a local farmer who has a stand on the way. He personally picked out a good one for us. It is quite fine, but not the best I have ever tasted. I also got some tomatoes that were certainly grown in the sun and vine ripened. Delicious. I do miss a garden. There is a difference when it is just out the door. Value and flavor are lost.

After naps we went to the library. Leroy is reading up a storm and I even finished one book even though we had been there not so long ago. That is how it usually works. He reads three to my one. One of my books is How to be a Grown Up. It is good, but I cannot read it fast. Leroy does not read anything so serious. This library has some good reading lists. I would like to just start working my way through them so I would not have to think when I check out a book.

Paula

No comments: