Saturday, August 14, 2010

Utah Days

Salt Lake City

Hello,

Andy was working; Miriam and Leroy were out running errands. Granny, namely I, was home with the granddaughters. The three year old was over playing with a neighbor when the phone rang. It was Miriam asking, “The realtor called. Can you get the house cleaned up and ready to show in about an hour?”

It is not bad around here, but certainly pick up is required in all rooms. “I’m not sure,” I replied with a note of panic in my voice.

“I will call back and maybe they can come an hour later after I get home to help,” Miriam suggested, “Just do what you can.”

As soon as she got done with that conversation, I raced over to the neighbor, asked if she could also have two year old Nora visit, found out that both children had to come home in 15 minutes, raced back to the house, started putting things away, wondered if any of it could ever be found again, and finally felt good about how much I got done.

The place looked nice by the time the people came. They are seriously interested in buying the house. It appears that Miriam, Andy, and girls will be moving in September. I am not going to help even though I have helped with many children’s moves. I will just be done with my own move and that is enough for me to handle.

Leroy and I are giving some help with packing so it isn’t as if we are turning our backs on the process. Except for our move in 1999 our children have not helped us move, maybe I have forgotten some time. By my count we have moved seven times in the intervening years. Admittedly once it wasn’t in this country so I suppose it does not count. Instead we have had wonderful local help in all cases.

Paula

No comments: