Sunday, August 22, 2010

Pink Underwear

Salt Lake City

Hello,

We were out of clean underpants. That means a wash load must go in. After collecting items from around the house, I added the things in the clothes basket by the washer. When I removed the clothes I wished that I had not done that as there were some “red” rags that Andy uses in the garage in there. These rags are generous with that red dye as they fade and pass it on to any receptive material.

“Oh why didn’t I look through those things more carefully?” I moaned.

Luckily some items do not like dye because they were there same self. Both Leroy and I now have pink underwear. Leroy says, “I do not mind. Who cares?”

Fortunately, this morning I gave dog Katie her eye drops, fortunately, I thought of it as I put my own eye drops in, unfortunately I do not see well after putting in drops, unfortunately some went on the floor as I held back Katie’s head, fortunately Katie tolerated my handling, unfortunately I could not find her treat right away, fortunately Katie is patient, fortunately I found the treats.

Olivia wants to know when mom is coming home. Wednesday is not a clear answer even though she knows the names of the days of the week. I got the brilliant idea of making a chart for her with black marks for the days and the first letter of the day under the mark. Between the black marks I made a yellow mark for the nights. Now she can count the number of days left and mark off the completed days. Tomorrow morning we will x out the mark for S(follows the S for Saturday that we have already crossed off).

I made cornbread and forgot to put in baking powder, could I be distracted? Leroy and I are eating it as some type of strange flat bread. That Leroy will eat anything.

Paula

No comments: