Friday, March 5, 2010

World Day of Prayer

Hello,

Our church hosted the World Day of Prayer program and it all went well. More women came than had at the last event. That could be because it was finally a nice sunny day.

I played and everything went well with that, even the two songs that I did not know very well. I am one of the youngest women there so I was surprised at the robust singing. Usually I hear just a couple faint voices. Maybe it was because the “prelude” included some rhythm instruments and clapping. They just seemed to attack that with gusto. It was probably that lively start that brought it all together.

Now I just have to play for church on Sunday and I will be finished with my music obligations for a while. Part of me would rather do the church playing on a regular basis so I would be more comfortable with it. Even once a month would make a big difference. Two or three times a year does not keep me sharp.

Do squirrels eat bark on trees? I look out the second story window and see many branches that have been stripped of bark. Since I know the deer can not be the ones I suspect it is the squirrels. Has there been so much snow on the ground that they have been unable to find buried nuts? Did they not gather enough nuts last fall?

Leroy washed the car today even though it is to rain tomorrow. There was quite a bit of mud on it from sometime in November. At least the layers are gone and they can start accumulating again.

Paula

No comments: