Tuesday, March 23, 2010

In Salt Lake City

Hello,

Leroy and I arrived about an hour late. For reasons not explained to us passengers. At the proper time a plane arrived at our departure gate. Later we were told that it was not ours and after it unloaded another plane would come. All that took a bit of time. Miriam and Andy were anxiously awaiting our arrival so they could sleep in preparation for their 4:30 departure from the house the next morning. It meant they got even less sleep than they had thought since one of them was picking us up at the airport.

We slept in their bed and they were on an air mattress since we would be using the bed for a week. That was very nice, but they had moved out Katie’s bed (Katie is their dog.) out of their room. That left this poor dog disorientated and she clicked her toenails on the hardwood floor checking out the room three times during the night. Then the little girls talked or cried a few times. I did get up once to see what the problem was with 1.5 year old Nora. She snuggled for a while. She was happy to lie down with an extra blanket as she felt cool to me.

Also inhibiting my sleep was the stimulating foot and leg lotion that I had put on before going to bed. I get so dry here that I need something twice a day, but I learned my lesson no more putting this stuff on before trying to sleep.

Then I was awake when Andy and Miriam got up to prepare to leave. We did stay in bed until almost seven o’clock in our time zone so I was quite happy to have that happen.

Last night I moved Katie’s bed back into the bedroom and learned that she snores, hence the more out. Leroy snores a little too, but at least with him I say, “Roll over.” And it works like magic. Unfortunately it was not effective with the dog. In the end I think I can deal better with the snoring than the walking around. When sleep did come it was very restful and peaceful.

Paula

No comments: