Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Chipping away at the ice

Hello,

Yesterday and today after the sun did its work Leroy and I got some more ice off the entrance to the drive. It is quite fine, but still nice to get to the edge of the cement. So tomorrow we will spend a little time out there. At least now we do not have to back the car so straight to get out of the drive. I ran into the snow pile more than once as did others.

More grass is showing in the yard and more mud on the walk to church. There is a part that is not paved and my shoes weigh more by the time I have made my way through that part.

I just finished Sarah Palin’s book. I am wondering if anyone ever disagrees with another by stating their position rather than putting down someone else’s idea. I was never a debater, is that a part of debate? Hiding in fiction is more fun and comfortable for me. Right now I am reading In Heaven as on Earth by M Scot Peck. So far so good, as no one can really give me advice about that. It is also uplifting.

I did solve a small problem in my life. The clip on the pedometer broke. For some reason it did not record all the steps when placed in my pocket. This morning I “took” Leroy’s cell phone holder, slipped in the pedometer, clipped it on my waist, and walked away. The result was close enough to be accurate.

Our paper comes with a rubber band or bag on it. Throwing away either goes against the principles of reuse or recycle. The carrier does not want to reuse them. I had given the bags to Brian to use when picking up dog poop, but he declares them much too small for his hand. I took them up anyway and used them myself. However the last time I was there the bag was too small for my hand. No more small bags for me either. It is not fun. Besides our neighbor’s daughter delivers the paper and she will use them again. Happy, happy!

Son Brian twisted his right ankle resulting in a bad sprain. He is not to drive or walk on it for a week. Crutches and a cast keep that in force. The hard part is that Brian can not drive to work and public transportation does not go close enough. Then he is the person who picks up Sophia at the end of the day. Even though he is in the neighborhood he can not get there either, as it is about ½ mile away. This is when I would like to live closer because it would be easier to help out if I were even a mile a way. Parents can not solve all problems. Guess that is part of all of us growing up: letting go and taking over. Depending on where you are on the journey.

Paula

No comments: