Sunday, August 2, 2020

Riding My Bike to Work


Hello,

Friday, the weather was fairly nice and I worked the right hours so I hopped on the bike to begin that eleven mile ride. I did not go far before I came home because of hearing something rubbing in the wheel area. After calling Leroy, who looked but found nothing in a short time, I decided to chance it and took off again.

I noticed that every time I went around a curve I heard that sound, but on the straight I was good. I tried to stay more upright when cornering and it was better than. However I could not manage that and stay upright some times.

On the way home I noticed that the front tire seemed to be low. Leroy agreed that could have been a problem. He also noted that the tire needed air. Hopefully it will be better now.

The ride to work was quite fine even though I did not have much time to spare. Not many people were out so I did not have to be concerned about running into other riders or walkers.

The ride home was a bit of a struggle because I was tired from a day at work, it was hotter, and I had not ridden so far in one day this year. That means my bottom complained a little.

I did see a deer go across the trail in front of me and I liked that. There were a few more people out, but not so many that the trail was crowded. I hope to get some more rides this year, but I will have to work on that. It has been so hot that it does not appeal.

Paula

No comments: