Sunday, August 9, 2020

Life Goes On

Hello,

 

On a personality study I am not as empathetic as some people. Apparently I do best when I experience the situation first hand. I realize now I was never as caring as I could have been when people are caring for a sick loved one. It is amazing how Leroy’s health and well being takes most of my attention. There is also a feeling of being so unsettled and helpless. The desire to make it better is strong, but not a clue how to do that.

 

This morning Leroy woke feeling better. He took one pain pill and by nine was feeling so nauseated that he could not watch the online church service, but had to go lie down. His head was not feeling too badly. After ten, he ate a snack and we walked slowly, very slowly around the block. At the end, he again had to lie down, but with ice on his head. I did read on the Mayo Clinic site that if used too much the painkillers can cause headaches. He can at least smile if I ask him to smile. We watched a movie last night and laughed as well as cried and felt quite a lot better. Laughing and crying are good for the soul.

 

While he was lying down, I walked down to the community garden which we have almost totally neglected. It needs weeding and much water. Unfortunately, the tap that we used for water is broken and hauling water is beyond my skills. All rains for many days have passed over us and stayed in the clouds to be released elsewhere.

 

There were some purple grape tomatoes that looked ready to eat. Leroy said, after I asked, “It is not very good, but maybe it is my taste buds.”

 

I too found it rather sour. I remember them from other years being quite delicious. I am still picking red Russian kale and enjoying the mild taste. The first time I tasted it I did not like it. That first taste was from someone’s garden and quite strong flavored.

 

Paula

No comments: