Sunday, December 31, 2017

Walking in the Cold

Hello,



This morning Leroy had mostly a froggy voice along with a cough. I convinced him, with little effort, to stay home. He wondered, “I did not know if I could handle the walk to church.”



I did go out about an hour before my leaving time to shovel the bit of snow that had fallen since we last shoveled yesterday. This was to test my ability to handle the walk in the sub zero temperatures. It was a low wind day and the sun was starting to come out so I thought it would be fine.



I will admit that when it is so cold I would like company just in case. The main streets with a few open gas stations seemed like a good choice. It was a fast walk even though many people had not gotten up that last bit of snow. Because of the cold it was not slippery.



I was warmly dressed with a t-neck shirt, sweater, wool socks, wind breaker pants over my fairly warm slacks, a hat, three scarves along with a warm coat and gloves. My face was the only exposed part of my body. I was even so warm that when I got to church I had to remove my sweater which I might have normally worn indoors.



We are pleased with our weather station even if we have not figured out how to connect to our mobile devices. The directions stated that we could include family and friends. Our downstairs friends also could not get it connected for themselves. Maybe on a business day we can finish the job with assistance from a human being. As it is it seems to be connected to some unknown network because it is giving us the forecast, we just do not know what network it found. I like being able to see the outdoor temperature while indoors. Yeah for technology!



Paula

No comments: