Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Bargains

Hello,



At a garage sale, last summer, Leroy found some sports/ski goggles. He got them to see if that would help him to ride the bike in cold weather without steaming up his glasses. He wore them this morning. He was so excited about it he had to call me when he got to work. “They worked! I could see just fine with no fog on my glasses. I should have had on warmer gloves, and warmer socks, but the rest was all good.”



Those functioning goggles are a bargain indeed as he paid just a small fraction of the original cost. On that same garage sale trip around the community, I found some glass storage containers that I have been using at least every week if not every day. The price differential is not as great, but the amount of use makes it all worth it.



On that trip we also got the water kettle which I have not really liked, but have used since then. It has been a good teacher showing me the features that I liked about my former water kettle. I consider it a cheap education. So am happy with my new water kettle even though we have not yet opened it. I am pleased with all that I see on the box although I do wonder about how far the lid opens.



It is all about that idea of one person’s trash is another person’s treasure. Now if we could just figure out how to make the match all of the time there would be a lot less in our trash bins in this country.



Paula

No comments: