Thursday, December 21, 2017

In Utah

Hello



Yesterday afternoon it started to snow. After the evening meal there was enough that had not melted. It had been quite warm and the ground was still temperate when it started coming. It enticed the children to come play in it. Leroy and Andy’s dad spent some time shoveling. Since I did not want to be left out I went out to help shovel, but I did not bring boots so stayed strictly on the sidewalk. Because they were done here, I went across the street with the kids and shoveled over there. It was an interesting phenomenon. On the sidewalk area the snow packed together and was even a bit heavy to get off the shovel. However, over the grassy areas it was quite a bit drier and did not pack well enough to make a snow animal except for the smallest variety.



This family had books due at the library so Leroy, the girls and I walked to the library. In the middle of the night I had remembered that Leroy had brought his hiking boots which are water proof as well as some boots. I wore his boots and he wore the hiking shoes when we walked the blocks to the library. The girls were quite excited about the wonderful, large, pristine expanse of snow in the front and in the back of the library. Leroy and I just walked on some dry sidewalk while they played in the snow. We did not give them too much time as I had to go to the bathroom and Leroy was getting quite hungry.



On the walk home there was much talk about how wonderful the snow is and what a great thing that we were here for it. Blessed indeed. Both Leroy and I grew up in places that had an abundance of great sledding hills. Even though the mountains are close, here in the valley it is flat, flat, flat. But it did not stop good times as they created their own idea of what to do.



I must recapture the art of playing in the snow. Snow angels and fox and geese games along with building snow creatures should do the trick.



Paula

No comments: