Sunday, December 10, 2017

Singing

Hello,



I do like all of the singing that we do in choir, especially close to Christmas. It keeps me focused and breathing. Always after practice I feel lifted up and energized. This afternoon we did a lessons and carols service with another church. Leroy and I were almost late because we got half there and realized that we did not have our music. At least it was not miles and miles, but it still took some time to retrace our distance and come back once more. Someone asked if we had walked. We did not because it probably would have been about two and a half miles. I did not see anyone come in after we arrived. At least we did not miss the entire practice.



The service was very nice. I was happy to be there. Leroy seemed to like it as well, but we had to leave almost immediately after it was over because he wanted to eat something before he headed off for his night meeting. It is the last session so his Sunday night will be free until something else comes along to require that time.



I am fortunate I have the night off. I got the dishes washed as well as cleaning up some lettuce that I have over purchased the amount we need. We have been eating it a short step ahead of spoilage.



For lunch, I came home and cleaned up the rest of the broccoli that I had picked as well as some of the kale leaves. There is still quite a lot of that kale on the steps that lead up to the cool/cold attic. For now that is our root cellar. I am pleased to have produce from the garden at almost the middle of December. At this time the bugs have ceased to be a problem. Guess I should learn to grow more things in the winter time. One of my friends told me today that he has started lettuces and other greens in his cold frame. He expects to harvest in March. I do not want to plant yet, but it seems to me a cold frame would be a nice move to get some early greens. When we have more leisure we will work on that.



Paula

No comments: