Sunday, December 3, 2017

No Dusting Here

Hello,



There was a time when I cleaned every Saturday because that is what mom did or rather mom had my sister and I do it when we became old enough. I still remember feeling a bit insulted that I was not considered good enough to clean downstairs. My sister was three years older and she got that prestigious position. My bother did not have to do any house work which also seemed unfair, but I do know that he did plenty of work outside even helping to milk cows before and after school while I was more of a free bird. Carolyn and I did have to feed the chickens, pick up eggs, and run the separator. However, I do not remember doing those chores all of the time.



For some reason I find Saturday cleaning much less demanding than I used to. Perhaps I can blame it on the mentality that occurs when we only stayed in a place for a year so it seemed much less important.



This weekend I had a great excuse for ignoring any dust bunnies, how did they get that name anyway?



Saturday, we headed off to the museum for their old world Christmas market. Not as old world as Leroy and I have seen, but still nice. It was nice to visit with anyone that we knew as we met them. I do like that about living longer in one place. The number of strangers tends to decrease, even though there were plenty of people that I did not know. From there we rode the trolley over to the area across the river where we inspected more buying options. Leroy wanted to buy some tea for a co-worker which he did. When ready to head back to the car, the trolley was not there so we walked back across the river which was quite fine.



In the afternoon we went to a band concert at the closest college. This included performance by the percussion ensemble. They played a selection that I quite liked. This was followed by a jazz band that played four pieces. I do not always like jazz, but I liked this as well. This school has a good music department. In the evening we went back for the orchestra concert. I consider it an added bonus that we can walk to these venues. Health, beauty, and entertainment all in one package is great.



Paula

No comments: