Saturday, April 1, 2017

Saturday Work

Hello,

I am not good at even thinking April Fool’s jokes so this is all real.  I had a list of jobs for Leroy and I to do on this great day. We finished cleaning out the kitchen cabinets. Leroy even crawled in back of the washer and vacuumed the floor and swept up any cobwebs back there. Something we have not done since we moved in five years ago so it was a bit dust to be found.

We are also washing the bedding and hanging it on the clothes line. I just love that activity on a nice day like this is turning out to be. The only regret is that there is so little wind to help dry the clothes.

I was able to find some men’s socks on sale yesterday. Leroy is pleased with the two wool pairs so he has claimed them. I found another 100% cotton pair that has a funky design on it. I suspect that no man I know would buy such so they are now on my feet and I like the feel. My large feet do not like to wear socks made for the average woman.

Leroy took the expanding downspout that I got yesterday and attached it to the gutter on the garage so it will not drip/rain down on our heads while going in and out of the garage. He and Clark had the brilliant idea to make it flow into the rain barrel. I am pleased with that idea. The only hold up is that they need another section.

Leroy and I hiked up to the grocery store to take advantage of their deal on the Chinese meal. Unfortunately the price charged was quite a lot more than we expected. Somehow we did not convey our wish to have the one entrée so we got the two entrée selection which was not part of the sale. The cashier made it come out to the smaller, but now I feel a bit guilty since we did get the two. We have enough food to last for two meals instead of one.

On top of that I forgot to put my Fitbit in my pocket for the walk to the store. I know of no way to add those perhaps 1000-2000 plus steps. I will just have to walk some more.


Paula

No comments: