Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Glasses and Birds

Hello,

A week ago, in the morning, I turned in my glasses frames so they could be sent to the making place. For most of the middle of the day I wore an old pair that did not quite bring the world into focus. I was happy to have Sarah or Leroy drive everywhere. I could sit in the back with the girls and be loved and entertained by them. I believe that was a mutual experience.

We went to the grocery store so we could purchase things that they like to eat. Things that Leroy and I do not generally have in the house. Later in the day it was necessary to go to my library where people could pick out books that they particully wanted to read. Something for everybody even if it is a small library!

 From there we headed off to the raptor center where injured birds are nursed back to health or kept for the remainder of their life if they are unable to survive on their own. It was a bit disappointing that many of the birds were not there. They were probably visiting a school. However when we walked back up from the lake a guy had a one eyed great horned owl on his arm. We were able to get quite close to this bird. We also gained a bit of information about this bird and her species. He then brought out a falcon. All in all I thought it was great.

Besides the birds, we had a good time at the lake skipping rocks or trying to skip rocks. Some of us managed and some did not. It seems to be a skill oriented activity.

From there we headed back to the eye place to get my glasses. Oh joy, to be able to see with a good amount of clarity. What a blessing. We also had gotten a call from the tax place so we could sign papers and get the taxes on their way just one day early. That is as close to the dead line as we have ever come. Much relief was felt by Leroy and me.


Paula

No comments: