Monday, April 24, 2017

Aging

Hello,

I am not sure how it has happened, but my arms and hands are older than the rest of me. I looked at them yesterday and was a bit taken back by their age. Surely they are ten years older than my legs. The backs of my arms are sagging and flapping which creates wonderful entertainment for my grandchildren. Perhaps it is nice to have built in, go with me everywhere, toys. When I put my hands down in my lap the veins fill up with blood causing much interest for the poor souls who are unequipped with such bony hands. For the children, it seemed like a good idea to see what happened when those veins were pushed on and then released. Seems like a good biology lesson. Also it was noted when my hand was up in the air the excess blood ran out to some place in the rest of my body.

While Sarah and the girls were here I looked for my butter dish. It is only a company item since Leroy and I never use butter or margarine except when someone else is here. I had moved this dish when I cleaned the cupboards because it was just mostly in my way. Even though I looked and Leroy looked we were not successful in finding it. Last night I stood on a chair and looked in one more place even though I had looked everywhere including in this space. There it was resting alongside seldom used water bottles.

We rarely use much sugar in this house. One of Leroy’s church colleges is having a birthday. Leroy is responsible for bringing treats. This guy likes rhubarb, so rhubarb crisp is the offering. He will also bring fruit for those who might not like rhubarb. Also one woman cannot eat gluten. The amount of sugar included in the recipe, in spite of the addition of red raspberries, is greater than we would use in three months’ time. I just took a deep breath and put it all in with a prayer for forgiveness for not loving these people enough to give them the tart taste that I require of Leroy and I for a healthier life style. Now I believe that Leroy and I, after years of eating that way, like that tart taste and consider it quite normal. Are we changing and aging?


Paula

No comments: