Sunday, April 9, 2017

Getting out

Hello,

I do not feel well with much nose blowing, coughing and sneezing so I stayed home from church. It creates a bit of a guilty feeling for me. When growing up, there were few excuses allowable for us to skip going to church.

The strange thing about this is that I do not feel sick enough to need to go to bed. Yesterday,  I did a load of laundry and hung it out. In the afternoon Leroy and I met a friend in a city park replete with wide open spaces so we could fly kites. It was an enjoyable time with strong winds gusting from a variety of directions which made kite control somewhat challenging. I have to confess that after about an hour I was quite tired and ready to quit. You can see what a great day it was. I took these with my old flip phone, but it does work, just takes longer to figure it all out so I can share with you. 




Today, I have moved some plants outside such as the four amaryllis, something I cannot name, and Cuban oregano. It was these plants because they look like they are longing for the outdoors with their leaves reaching in long directions. I figure that gives me some exercise walking up and down stairs to take each plant by itself.

Yesterday when we got home from the park leroy opened the windows. That was great except the bugs came in as if they had a personal invitation. I thought bugs came later in the year but I suppose the warm brings them out of their winter hiding places. Leroy then got the screens, vacuumed them, and put them in the windows. Today I have the windows open with the bugs remaining outside where I like to think they belong.

Leroy is home from church and he tells me that it is very nice out. He even put on shorts, but I am still in a sweatshirt and long pants.


Paula

No comments: