Saturday, September 19, 2015

On the Road

Hello,

Leroy and I will go to visit granddaughter, Sophia for her 8th birthday. Leroy is at a meeting this morning. I will pick him up as I slow down when I go past his meeting place. I remember, as a girl, having a foot hanging out of the car and my father was already rolling along. I learned early to be ready on time and seated in the car with body parts inside. He also left a store one time without me. At the hardware store I had been busy looking at nails in the bin and letting them drop from my hand with a satisfying clink, clink. He perhaps told me he was leaving, but I never heard. I just happened to look up and notice his absence. My stomach dropped as I looked all over and ran out of the store to find him standing outside waiting for me. No comments were made, but I learned from that to keep an eye on him and leave when he did.

It should be a great driving day. Do you think leaves in MN are turning color? They are not here, but since it is a few miles north I suspect there is the possibility.

It would have been nice to have a new vehicle to take on this trip, but we are still looking, mostly on the Internet. Leroy is getting ready to just buy something and be done with it. I am not there yet, but he might push me over the edge. Nothing has seemed just right to either of us. Leroy tells me that he is “talking himself into this or that car”. He is tired of looking and finds it emotionally draining. It is easier for me to put aside mentally. We have only actually looked at physical cars two times which I do not consider a lot of looking.

We were going to look yesterday when Leroy was home from work, but the rain deterred that impulse. Should we have gone and gotten a good deal because no one wants to stand around in the rain? Would the sales people have been hungry for a sale?


Paula

No comments: