Sunday, September 27, 2015

Full Sunday

Hello,

Morning was more leisurely than sometimes because the choir sang at the 11:15 service. Leroy and I bicycled to church just so we could move around faster afterward. It was interesting how many people commented on the bikes. When we walk we blend in as we look more like someone coming from a car somewhere.

We went to the different programs in the Sunday school hour. When one person saw me come into to choir she said, “You walked alone and you weren’t afraid.”

She had asked me before about being afraid to walk from my home to the church and I told her, “I am not afraid. I have not been bothered except someone asked for a match and I just told them no and that seemed fine.”

Now I did tell her, “I biked with Leroy and I was not afraid.”

Generally I do not walk late at night by myself, but I am not afraid before 10:00 pm.

After church I hurried home so I could participate in the garden clean up which was part of the neighborhood cleanup. Leroy had a nursing home service. Leroy, with his clergy collar on, stopped at the garden on his way home. One man wondered if Leroy had come to bless the garden. We all got quite a lot put in the compost bins. So we all felt good. I watered quite a bit because it is quite dry.

Two boys about 8-10 years old came to pick some produce. They really wanted green beans, but they had already been pulled. They did take a number of tomatoes, turnips, rainbow chard, basil, celery, and parsley. I am so happy to have them come. That fits the philosophy of the garden. They were just coming to get enough for a meal or two. I am pleased. Unfortunately they did not want to take brussel sprouts and we have so many of them.
Some of the college students came by and admired the garden. One of them even took some edamame. Great to share all of this.


Paula

No comments: