Saturday, September 5, 2015

Mysterious Life

Hello,

When I got home from work Thursday I learned I had a voice mail message on my phone which I had turned off. I listened, to learn that someone had lost a baby. The voice was not one I recognized: older female and maybe a smoker with the characteristic rasp. About an hour later I got a call from the same number, but did not get to the phone before they had moved on. I tried to call them to tell them that I was not the party they wanted. For some reason my call did not go through. About two more hours later I again got a call from the same voice. I told them who I was and perhaps they had the wrong number. They agreed and thanked me for letting them know it was not right. On Friday when I was out shopping I got another call starting, “Sis, …”

Now I knew for sure it was a wrong number as my sister will no longer be calling. She also did not call me sis.

“I think you have the wrong number,” I said.

Before I could continue she commented, “I am sorry I have called you once more.”

I stifled the urge to tell her that my sister had died and could not call. “Would you like my phone number so you might figure out what is different?” I asked.

“That would be good,” she said.

Apparently she had switched a couple of the numbers. Glad that mystery is solved.


Paula

No comments: